Who is eligible to play?
- HFC serves middle school youth from the Hortonville area that are in grades 6-8. Though we focus on the Hortonville Area School District first, as an independent organization, if our teams aren't filled, where you live or go to school won't bar you from participating in HFC activities.
How do we get on a team?
- When registering, players will choose which grade level they will be entering into this fall and placed on the appropriate grade level. If numbers allow, two or more teams may be created per grade level.
How much does it cost?
- For the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade tackle programs, the fee schedule for 2020 is as follows:
- $175 - Season Fee (Payment Plan Available)
- $150 - OPTIONAL- Keep your helmet
- $100 – OPTIONAL Volunteer Buy-Out
- $225 – OPTIONAL Fundraiser Buy-Out
- Players are encouraged to participate in the fundraiser vs. choose the buyout.
- Scholarships are available to those in financial need…no player will be turned away for financial reasons.
How do we register?
- Registration for new players is available on the HFC website registration link starting on super bowl Sunday.
- Returning players will receive first chance to sign up one month prior to registration opening to the general public.
What equipment is needed?
- All football equipment is provided by HFC. Top of the line Xenith helmets will be used and may be purchased to keep for next season or as souvenirs/ for a $150 fee.
- Players need to provide cleats and a mouth-guard.
Where & when are games? Who do we play?
- Four (4) Away Games are held on Saturdays at the following times:
- 6th Grade – 10:30 am
- 7th Grade – 12:00 pm
- 8th Grade – 1:30 pm
- Four (4) Home Games are anticipated to be held on Saturday afternoon/evening at the Hortonville High School Football Field:
- 6th Grade – TBD
- 7th Grade – TBD
- 8th Grade – TBD
- We play an 8 game schedule, 4 home games and 4 away
- Season begins third Saturday of August through End of October.
- Transportation may be provided to away games
- We play in the Great Lakes Independent Football Leagues (GLIFC)
- Conference League Teams are from NE Wisconsin:
- Fond du Lac Cardinals
- Appleton North
- Appleton East
- Appleton West
- Appleton Saints (Xavier/ FVL Partnership)
- Oshkosh North Eagles
- NONE CONFERENCE POTENTIAL LEAGUE GAMES
- Allouez Buccaneers
- St. Joes Wildcats (Green Bay)
- St. Phillips Falcons (Green Bay)
- Sheboygan North Raiders & South Redwings
When does practice start? Practice Times?
- We begin practice the Monday closest to August 1st.
- Practice times are determined by each head coach, but they are typically from 5:30 -7:30 M/T/W/TH during the summer, and then M/T/TH once school begins. Practice times are adjusted as daylight fades in the Fall if practice location lights cannot be secured.